May 5, 2012

Friday, the 16th of March


At the airport
     Friday was the day we all had been waiting for – the beginning of our journey. After three hours of flight we finally arrived to France. The weather was incredible and cheered us up. After we had taken our belongings to Eva’s apartment, we started discovering Paris.
     First, we visited Sacré Cœur’s church and admired the details which we had learned and seen in lessons of art history. Then we headed to the streets of Montmartre and saw the district of artists. Most of us also visited Louvre, and as it was nocturne (the museum was opened for longer hours than usually) and entrance was free of charge, we were really lucky, we all got to see the Mona Lisa painting in its full glory.
     After the „compulsory part“, we got to do a little bit of shopping and enjoy Champs-Élysées, also the Arch of Triumph. By the end of the day we didn’t have any problems with falling asleep as we had walked for really long distances.
Monika’s Friday
     Friday was the day when our group arrived at this wonderful city called Paris. The weather in France was very different from the weather in Estonia at that time so I was very happy to feel the warmth of the Sun and the spring. I remember vividly the moment when we stepped out of the Gare du Nord - the moment was full of magic I can tell! The city itself was magical as well. All the lovely stone buildings, cafes, the language and not to mention all the interesting people. To tell you the secret, this was love from the first sight. 
     After we had left our baggage to our apartment, we climbed up to see the Sacré-Coeur. The view from the hill was breath-taking and it was sad we had to leave so fast. But Louvre was already waiting for us. It was an interesting trip in Louvre, I had to use my orienteering skills which I didn't know I had. Luckily I found all the things I wanted  to see. After seeing loads of culture, we had a nice walk on Champs-Elysée. A funny thing also happened: Ingrid was wearing a skirt and when she walked across the metro ventilating system, she did the Marilyn Monroe trick. Some eye candy for French boys, hehe! After this tiring, but very interesting day we went back to our apartment. 
     In the evening, when everybody was sharing their emotions, I and Liisa started to talk and we have become very good friends thanks to the trip. So, I believe that everything is magic in Paris! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment