May 5, 2012

Monday, 19th of March

Students performing a play
  On Monday we went to school with our French correspondants, we had a chance to see their  usual school day. In the morning, they had prepared presentations and sketches for us, they told us about the specifics of the district and about their school.  
    After that we were divided into separate groups and  we had a chance to visit their lessons. It was quite an interesting experience for us, we got to compare them with ours. Then we had lunch in Leonardo da Vinci’s lycee. The meal was extremely varied, quite different from lunch in our school. They also had different things to choose from.
A shop in the school
    After the lessons, we joined our correspondants and did lots of different actions during the evening. Also, on Monday some of us heard the awful news about the terrorist in Toulouse. It was really scary and frightening.


Joosep’s Monday
       I can't pick any particular event that was the most memorable – they were all great. So the event I'm going to talk about is when I wanted to explore the hill and mansion behind Maxim's house in Pocé-sur-Cisse.

A latin lesson in the lycee of Leonard da Vinci

      We departed his house and navigated the twisted turns of his garden until finally arriving at the foot of the hill. Where there was a cellar, I think, with wooden doors closed shut. Maxim said that people used to live in caves like that and I don't mean during the prehistoric times. Our only way to get up to the peak of the hill was to take a small walk around the hill but I didn't want to do that so I just started climbing, Maxim though took the walk and we met up on the hill. The view that I got on the hill was quite good, I saw the whole village, even another hill on the other side. So we went up some more: through the bushes, the fallen trees and some vines that had some sharp pointy things on them. When we finally reached the top I was amazed that there, on top of the hill, were vineyards. That maybe normal in the area but I was truly amazed. Then we saw baths or something, they looked like big concrete blocks on top of each other, and I decided to climb them, this time Maxim accompanied me. From there I even saw the castle in Amboise which is quite a few metres from there. We took some photos and then got down. In the vicinity there was also a village for orphans, which we saw a glimpse of. Then we decided to descend the mountain. While doing that, we met a lonely lamp post and a lonely bench. We arrived on the mansion grounds, took some pictures and saw a big tree.  Maxim told me that he had climbed it many times before, so my first thought was: " I wonder if I can climb higher then he had?" So i tried and I think I succeeded though I don't really remember. After that we walked back home ate a few cookies.
     So that's one of my events I don't know if it was the most interesting one, but it was fun for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment