At 9:20 our group gathered at
our school atrium. Priit and Katrin showed them the building, after that the
students were divided into classes to participate in our lessons. Some of the
teachers had prepared an interesting class for the French pupils as well, so
that they wouldn’t be bored. After the lesson the students were welcomed by our
school’s principal, Mr. Ott Ojaveer. The greeting was followed by different
presentations about Airi's story
![]() |
| learning Kaerajaan |
Clement's story I
With few French students we went to pizzeria for the dinner. So Andrea, Ingrid and Diana have shown us the city when the sun leaved. And, it was just, really pretty. We had rain. But it was a part of the town charm. So we walked to rejoin the restaurant. Sitting around a table, Andrea said to her pen-friend “Choose what you want on the menu”, Andrea did the same with Chloé. And Diana said “I already chose what we will eat”, I answered “Ok, which pizza is it?”. And she showed me on the card. It was a specialty of the restaurant: Shrimps, peach and muld cheese… After checking with the Estonians girls, I was pretty sure that I understood the right ingredients. And I was a little bit nervous and eager! This evening I became (I can say it) bilingual Estonian/French! And I tried to speak Estonian with the waitress, who never understood me…
Katrin's story
I introduced the history of our school and also organized a city tour on Tuesday to introduce Tartu and its history to our French friends. I was quite impressed by the fact that the French are so interested in history, because I had firstly thought that they're a little bit lazy and don't like to study very much, so I thought that maybe the history would be a little bit boring to them, but they seemed to really listen to me and asked a lot of questions, too. I also talked about it with my guests and they admitted that they really like history, even more than other subjects.

No comments:
Post a Comment